I have to issue an official and heartfelt apology. I have received several nominations for the Liebster Award. This is the first chance that I have had to respond. I have to give kudos to everybody that can find the time in their busy schedules to update their blog on a very regular basis. It is difficult to work, be a mom, live a life, and try to find time to blog. Oy!
When I received my nomination from lefraise2002, my first thought was Lieb…wha?!? It sounds like what I would name my pet German lobster…if there was such a thing. (I actually just Googled “german shepherd lobster costume” and the Internet has let me down! I found german shepherds dressed as Yoda, a ghost, and even Captain Jack Sparrow. But no lobster! If you have a german shepherd, please dress them in a lobster costume and send me a pic so I can include it in this post. Thanks!)
With further due diligence, I came to realize something about our dear friend Liebster:
The Liebster Award is awarded to bloggers with under 200 followers to try to promote their blog a little and also bring together a community of bloggers. The rules of the competition are as follows:
– The nominated user must provide a link back to the person who nominated them.
– Provide 11 facts about yourself.
– Answer 11 questions set by the person who nominated you.
– Choose 11 more people and ask them 11 questions.
11 FACTS ABOUT MYSELF
- I drive a lime green car that we affectionately refer to as the Skittle.
- My favorite color is green (see above).
- I like trees. They are green (see above).
- I have two Havanese dogs. Most people don’t know what they are. Google them. They are awesome – about 90% fluffy cuddles and 10% stealthy ninjas of mischief.
- I prefer to drive a car with a manual transmission vs. an automatic. It’s much more fun!
- My chin is numb due to corrective jaw surgery that I had over 10 years ago. There was a very small chance that would happen and apparently I won the numb chin lottery. I have about 5% feeling and have learned to re-associate sensations. But there is still a standing order that if you are around me and see me drool, you must tell me. It’s the little things like this that can keep a person humble!
- II have a pretty big obsession with all things Sherlock Holmes. My Holmesian tendencies started well before the recent popularity. I read all of the books as a kid, grew up watching old Sherlock Holmes shows, and have very strong opinions about all of the recent shows and movies. I’m pretty sure this officially makes me a nerd.
- I have one sister, one brother-in-law, four step-brothers, two step-sisters, one nephew, one nephew-in-law, six step-nephews, and two step-nieces. It’s complicated 🙂
- I met my husband online, back at a time when that was still a weird thing to do.
- I love the Big Bang Theory. Seriously, this has to be the best show on TV right now!
- I did a lot of acting in plays when I was younger. Those were some of my favorite memories. I love comedies!
11 QUESTIONS FROM lefraise2002
1.Where do you really want to live? – Dominica or Southern California. New Zealand is looking pretty good too!
2. What is your favorite color? – (see above)
3. Who is your hero? – I try not to idealize people. I have found that when you do, you will almost always be let down. As far as someone I admire, it would have to be my mother. She is a wonderful example of someone who is strong in the face of adversity yet remains perpetually optimistic about life. I wish we all could be a little more like that!
4. If you could have dinner with anyone dead or alive, who would you pick? – What about fictional? Sherlock Holmes. If it has to be non-fictional, I would say Benedict Cumberbatch in character as Sherlock Holmes.
5. What is your general ringtone? – Little Talks by Of Monsters and Men – I find it ironic to have a ringtone that starts out by singing “Don’t listen to a word I say….”
6. Do you like your name? If no, what would you prefer to be? – Crystal has served me well. I can’t imagine my name being anything different. However, my mother has recently revealed that she wished that she had named me Pippa. I’m still processing that one 🙂 (Side note – it has nothing to do with Pippa Middleton. My mom grew up in a place called Pippa Passes, which was named after a Robert Browning poem entitled Pippa’s Song. In that sense, it is rather poetic.)
8. How would you describe your style? Personal style – I like comfortable clothes with clean lines, boho flair, and accents of juicy colors. Home style – comfortable, fun, unique.
9. Extrovert or Introvert. Which best describes you? – As a personality of balance, I am always really close to the line between the two, but a bit more on the extrovert side. I can definitely exhibit signs of both, depending on the situation. However, I identify more with extroverts in the sense that I recharge off of the energy of other people.
10. What is your dream vehicle? – I really love my car. If I had tons of money, I would still want to drive my car. The juicy lime green color really makes me happy every time I look at it.
11. What is your favorite vacation spot? – Dominica – a wonderful island in the Caribbean.
Here are my nominations for the Liebster Award:
1.Because I Said So
3.Mostly True Stories of K. Renae P.
4.Anybody else who wants to do it….I’m having a hard time finding people that haven’t already done a Liebster post (told you I am behind)!
1.If you could pick any superhero power, what would it be and why?
2.What is your favorite movie?
3.What are your top five destinations for a dream vacation?
4.What makes you happy?
5.What is your favorite band or musician?
6.Do you have an exercise routine? If so, what is it?
7.If you were forced to sing karaoke to save your life, what song would you pick?
8.What is your favorite video/computer game/app?
9.Do you volunteer anywhere?
10.What is your favorite thing to do to relax after a long week?
11.What would you choose for your “theme song”?